Sunday 13 March 2011

Vanishing Words

Am I the only one who has, since the birth of their child, lost about 95% of their vocabulary? For some reason I am having a serious case of the brain farts!  Since Mac is almost 11 old months now, I would say my condition has not improved in the slightest. Mind you this all could indeed be related to the past 10 months of broken sleep combined with a general lack of a well rounded-non baby related conversation.

On several occasions I have noticed myself completely forgetting common everyday words like "toast" (yup.. I mean the cooked version of bread) and "calculator" ("Hey babe, Whats the name of that thing you add things on?!"). Combine the loss of vocabulary with the occasional time I have forgotten what I was saying mid- sentence, and I am prity sure you can see the smoke start blowing out of my ears! Tell me I am not the only one in this situation!!

The past week Mac has actually slept the entire night so I am hoping that with a few more nights of glorious snooze time, I will have my words flowing back into my noggin for keeps!

1 comment:

  1. I lost it all along with my writing talent and my ability to understand Shakespeare... yes i tested myself. I could read that stuff like it was second nature and understand EVERY word!

    ReplyDelete