Saturday 12 March 2011

Toilet Diva

My daughter Mac is almost 11 months old now! She is an early walker and has already become quite speedy tottling around the house. She loves to get into things she knows she is not supposed to. A new discovery for her this week... The Toilet. Arghh! First of all, I remember back when I was a teenager and used to babysit the kids on my street, seeing the occasional babylock on the toilet. I always thought how ridiculous it was that they would have to lock the toilet from their toddler. I mean seriously people, isn't that a bit excessive? Can't you just shut the door to the bathroom? Or  give your child a toy? Heres a thought, just teach your tot not to touch the toilet!
Well, I am now officially eating my words! Mac has every fab toy there is on the market right now and no toy is as fun as "the can". Flushing the toilet, throwing stuff into the toilet, opening and shutting the toilet, splashing amongst the water, oh and heck.. why not try licking the toilet! Why????   Just this morning as I was in the shower Mac had grabbed a book, 2 rubber ducks and a plastic frog and threw everyone into "the pool" for a swim! Hmm.. I wonder if you can buy a baby sanitizer specifically geared for toilet toys?

At this point even if I rushed out and bought the toilet lock for our seat, I know she will crack the code, so to speak and open it.

Oh, and who do I have to thank for teaching little one about the "magic" of the toilet? You guessed it... Daddy.  Thanks Babe!

No comments:

Post a Comment