Saturday 26 March 2011

Sound the Alarms! A New Cry is Here...

So Mac has developed the official worst sounding cry an 11 month old girl can possibly make.

Basically we have been doing some sleep training with her since Mac still wanted to wake up to nurse 1-3 times a night. We have tried several methods and nothing has worked. Well guess what, Mama needs some sleep. Seriously though.. I mean I really really really need some Z's asap.

One particular sleep method has really helped to my surprise! Although there is one side effect that I have grown not too fond of.  The modified version of the CIO method has worked for us for the most part but a new problem has arisen from this method. A new heart wrenching cry has emerged and it sucks big time.

Hmm, how to explain? Well I would compare it to 2 things combined. First off, imagine the sound of a regular baby making the Waaaaaahhh sound. Now turn up the volume about 3 times over. Now think of a car alarm....how it goes soft to loud progressively and then switches up 2 mins later to short weee ooos weee ooooos, then back to a long drawn oout soft to loud weeeeeeeeooooooooooooooo. That's it! That's the cry... It happens only when nap and bed time occur and through the night.  This new cry is a drastic difference from my soft whimper I have grown used to hearing.

I hate this new cry though and I am lost as to how to stop it.. It can't be ignored because well frankly, can you ignore a car alarm for too long? Doubtful! hair will be pulled, teeth will be grinded and in reality, I can't just let her cry for any longer than a 5 minute span without caving!

I just wish I had my little soft whimper back!

1 comment:

  1. omg my youngest just transformed into a banshee overnight. I think it was after my hubby complained about another childs volume at his bday party... he jinx us and now I honestly want to remove my ear drums. If only they had pause buttons.

    nice to meet another Canadian bloggy mom. New follower from Vancouver BC

    ReplyDelete